The advantages of email marketing
The advantages of email marketing mean it could become your most effective form of business growth, not to mention its potential to significantly improve performance across all other digital traffic sources. It can also help build meaningful relationships with your customers by allowing you to create targeted and personalised messages.
What should you use email marketing for?
Your email marketing tools can be used to collect data to ensure your targeted marketing is hyper-specific. Did they fill their shopping cart and abandon it? Send them a reminder email that encourages them back. Did they view a particular product? Send them an email in response to that. Here are some of the common ways to use email marketing.
- Monthly newsletters
- Welcome email after subscribing (with a discount for first purchase)
- Sales funnel
- Nurture customer relationships
Now we understand what email marketing is used for, let’s take a look at the five key advantages of using email marketing in your digital strategy:
- Email users are more likely to convert than any other targeted audience. Why is this? They are already warm leads – they’ve given you their email address and they’re waiting to hear from you. This shows they’re actively interested in your brand and product before you even send your first email.
- Emails are permanent until acted on. Unlike social media, which is algorithm-driven and fleeting, emails remain in a person’s inbox until they take some kind of action on it. You don’t risk getting drowned out in the news feed when you can zoom straight into their notifications.
- Email campaigns can target specific sub-audiences within your database. While your social media and PPC ads may be broad, email marketing allows you to niche segment your audience according to their specific interests and stage of the buyer’s journey, meaning you can provide specific, relevant content that is more likely to appeal to their needs.
- Emails are a direct line of communication. Email marketing lets you speak directly to your customers in a personalised way, to build relationships, trust and loyalty by showing you understand their needs. It keeps warm leads engaged, can guide new prospects across the line, and generates loyalty from return purchasers.
- Data from your email platform can be used across all marketing channels. Cross-feeding your email data with your other marketing platforms can help all of them to function more efficiently and effectively.
Need expert help to make the most out of your contact lists and integrate email marketing automation into your digital strategy? Get in touch with us today to find out how.