When you make a choice to implement online marketing strategies for your company, it can be overwhelming to hear so many acronyms and terms that are unfamiliar. Some people feel like they need to learn a new language to understand the online marketing industry! But, online marketing doesn’t have to be confusing and can be broken down simply so anyone can understand all the sales talk jargon.
At Sprocket Digital, we know that it can be hard to sort through the lingo if you aren’t familiar with the industry. So, our team is always here to answer your questions, explain marketing strategies, and help you with every step of the online marketing strategy.
Here are some of the most common terms that you might hear in the industry:
• Analytics: Every successful marketing campaign is based on data that shows the effectiveness of the strategies that are used. Analytics include information that is pulled from the website and marketing campaigns to evaluate points that can have an impact to predict customer behaviour.
• Conversion Rate: The goal of every marking campaign is to get the customers to complete a conversion step, such as scheduling a consultation or buying a product that is offered. The design of your website and the effectiveness of the marketing campaign can help to increase conversion rates, which in turn boosts the profitability of your company.
• CPC: Cost Per Click (CPC) refers to the amount of money that you are willing to pay for each click that comes through to your website. If you are using Pay Per Click advertising, then we will help you optimise CPC by reducing costs whenever possible and increasing conversions at the same time.
• Funnel: How do people move through social media and your website to the point where they will purchase with your company? A strategic funnel can have an impact on your conversion rates and customer retention.
• Keywords: When someone searches in Google, they will enter a query that pulls up the results. Keywords are the words that are relevant to your business and services that align with the terms that people are searching for in Google.
• SEO: This acronym stands for Search Engine Optimisation, which is a strategy that is used to align your website with search engine algorithms so that you show up for related searches.
Do you have more questions about online marketing? Don’t hesitate to reach out to the experts in the industry: Sprocket Digital. We have more than 20 years of experience, and we are here to provide your business with the best possible outcome from your online marketing campaign.
Where experience is as
important as results