When your business has just started, your first customers are most likely going to be people from the local community. To capture this market you should focus some of your advertising efforts on local SEO. Here’s how to get the best out of a geo-based SEO strategy, so that you’ll become the go-to provider of your product or service in the community.
The Importance Of Local SEO
Your local customers will approach your business because they need a solution to their problem, and you can provide this. They want their problem solved as quickly as possible, so the logical step is to take their business to someone nearby.
When potential customers are browsing the net for products or services that you provide, are they going to use your business or go to your competitor? The best way to ensure that they choose your business is by ranking at the top of Google, and the only way to do this is by investing some time and money on local SEO.
If your business ranks among one of the first search results for your industry in your area, the chances are high that potential customers will bring their dollars to your company instead of another because you’re nearby.
How To Get The Best Out Of Local SEO
Here are nine tips that you can use to ensure the local community uses your business first before any of your competitors:
1. Create and optimise a Google My Business (GMB) Listing
2. Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on your GMB Listing
3. Optimise your website for voice search terms involving your area
4. Create engaging content for your site that’s based on news and events happening in your local community
5. Optimise your website for mobile visitors
6. Optimise your website with local keywords and search phrases
7. Add location pages to your site, or About Us pages for specific locations. Make sure it includes well-written copy for every product or service that you provide.
8. List your business in directories available which cater to businesses in your area
9. Place focus on Link Signals and backlinks
To learn more about how you can get the best from your local market, contact the Team and Sprocket Digital to book a consultation today.