earned nearly $15
billion in revenue
alone last year.
Email automation refers to the process of automatically sending predefined email messages to specific recipients at predetermined times – or in response to certain triggers or actions.
What does that mean? Well, simply put, it allows your business to streamline its email marketing efforts by automating repetitive tasks and delivering personalised messages. As Klaviyo Master-Level Partners, Sprocket typically begins by setting up and designing essential email flows (also known as automations) which are triggered by an event or action. This could include a Welcome Series for new subscribers or an Abandoned Cart flow to remind potential customers of items left behind. We design templates for each of these, personalised to your brand and customer profile. These automated emails are designed to nurture customer relationships, encourage purchases and provide a personalised marketing experience.
Research shows that personalisation is crucial in driving customer engagement and loyalty. Consumers are much more likely to buy from a brand that offers a personalised experience, making it common practice among ecommerce brands to use email automations to build better customer relationships, increase product sales and ultimately generate more revenue. Klaviyo customers earned nearly $15 billion in revenue from automation alone last year.
Email automation offers several benefits to businesses:
Maximise marketing efforts and save time: By automating regularly sent emails, such as abandoned cart reminders or product browsing follow-ups, businesses can save time and effort by creating email templates and setting triggers. These emails will then be sent automatically without requiring additional manual work.
Personalise the customer experience: Collecting relevant customer data through sign-up forms allows businesses to personalise emails based on factors such as birthdays, product interests, shopping preferences and past purchase history. Dynamic content blocks can be used to further tailor emails based on location and browsing behaviour.
Boost retention rates: Post-purchase emails can enhance customer retention rates. By providing clear order updates, requesting product reviews, sending thank-you emails, offering personalised recommendations and delivering educational content, businesses can foster trust, engagement and repeat purchases.
Win back lost customers: Email automation can target customers who have previously made purchases but haven’t returned to the website. By personalising emails based on past purchase history and time since their last visit, businesses can entice these customers to come back with offers, discounts or exclusive access to new products.
“businesses can save time and
effort by creating email templates
and setting triggers.”
Ten Examples Of Email Automation:
1. Welcome series: Introduce new subscribers to the brand, share the brand story and options for future communication preferences. You can also provide an introductory offer for new customers.
2. Browse abandonment: Remind customers of products they viewed but didn’t add to their cart, and offer similar products.
3. Abandoned Cart: Send reminders and remove barriers to complete the purchase by including dynamic content specific to the items left in the cart.
4. Thank you email: Express gratitude and foster loyalty by thanking customers for their business with personalised messages.
5. Instructional email: Educate customers on product usage, car, assembly or cleaning to enhance their experience and reduce customer service inquiries.
6. Product review: Encourage customers to provide feedback and reviews of their purchased products, leveraging social proof.
7. Cross-sell and up-sell: Showcase other relevant products or services based on customer preferences or past purchases.
8. Replenishment: Remind customers to repurchase products they use regularly and create opportunities for engagement and brand connection.
9. Back-in-stock: Notify customers when a previously out-of-stock item becomes available, ensuring no missed sales opportunities.
10. Birthday: Personalise emails based on customers’ birthdays, offering discounts, gifts or special acknowledgements.
These automation examples serve as a starting point, and businesses can explore endless possibilities to create relevant and timely experiences for their customers. Get help with your email marketing with Klaviyo Master-Level Partners in Sprocket Digital. Contact us today.
What Our Clients Say About Us
With well over one hundred 5-star Google reviews, its safe to say we are the real deal. Client relationships and demonstratable results are our priority. If you'd like to know more, we'll even let you talk to some real clients.