PwC recently released data across all media advertising channels in New Zealand including digital and the statistics highlight the growing shift of spend towards online. Business owners recognising the importance of digital advertising are getting the jump on market competitors and are enjoying the benefits from early adoption of online strategies.
While most other traditional media channels including TV, radio & paper are suffering from a downward trend in advertising revenue, digital is expected to grow over 14% annually until at least 2020.
Internet advertising in New Zealand.
- New Zealand’s total internet advertising market’s revenue had doubled from 2011 when the market was valued at $338 million, to 2015 when the amount was $828 million.
- Total advertising revenue is forecasted to grow at 13.8 percent CAGR, rising to $1.58 billion by 2020.
- 55.8 percent of New Zealand’s total internet advertising revenue is generated by paid search.
- Google is responsible for more than 90 percent of all searches.
- Paid search internet advertising revenue is expected to be worth $897 by 2020.
- Mobile advertising accounts for only a small share of the overall internet advertising pie, but is projected to see strong growth over next five years, rising from $29 million in 2015 to $161 million in 2020.
- In the same period 870,000 New Zealanders are forecasted to become mobile internet subscribers, incentivised by faster mobile internet connections.
With well over one hundred 5-star Google reviews, its safe to say we are the real deal. Client relationships and demonstratable results are our priority. If you'd like to know more, we'll even let you talk to some real clients.